Thursday, February 12, 2015
Teaching philosophy
The basic message that I want to share about my teaching philosophy is that I want to be a teacher that students feel comfortable talking to about anything that is bothering them. I do not want to be an unapproachable teacher because I have had many of those growing up, and that is not who I want to be. I want to have a meaningful relationship with my students, and I want them to know that I care about them. I also want to have engaging activities for my students to do. I do not want to have lessons that bore my students to death. I want to make my students see the meaning behind why I am teaching them the things that I am teaching. I also want to give my students a lot of say in the classroom. I do not want to have rules just to have rules. I would have my class come up with a list of meaningful classroom rules that they think are important to follow in order to learn. I also want to be good at assessing my students to know right away when they are struggling with a lesson. This is important because the sooner I know, the sooner I can help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Justine,
ReplyDeleteI like that you used connections from your experiences in the K-12 classroom. I think our own positive and negative experiences are what will help us to become passionate educators. Kudos!